You will not find poetry anywhere unless you bring some of it with you. Joseph Joubert

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In Love

My thoughts for you are timid, stray;
in the moods of lily,
in the beam of setting sun sunk in water.
A fleet of finches shouting in my nerves
love is the birth of struggle
your hands in pocket renders comfort
to my hands without touch
your eyes invites me to the vision you see
your fort against the stream of wisdom besiege me
I want you, I want you, I want you
The nerves are kicking me
You blow me off like autumn-leaf
Your blow is a kiss to me.
You knead me, you bake me, you burn me
You make a woman of me.

In the twilight bed of evening
You enter in me like a poet
With language of the mollusks and savage;
You act like a chapel chorus, loud and tender.
Swift, mild, treacherous
You haunt me like a red-wood musk-deer
Maples and acer
Red wine and you
I want you, I want you, I want you
I want you with the alpine moon
broken hut and blackness,
Your poetry shall call
the woman of me…
shall deflower my silence…

1 comment:

Kunal said...

Perhaps your most complete work. And strangely, made me jealous;)